Saturday, May 30, 2015

Book Blog: 'The Round-the-Clock Peruser'


My book obsession has admittedly come to the stage where I could just not stop buying books. At the peak where I read at least one book a day. And since it is finally summertime and I don't have to worry about homeworkor school in generalany longer, my freedom is not going to help at all . . . Because I'm moderately sure that by the time I reach Augustyes, AugustI'm bound to end up knee-deep in books.

I'm not even sorry about it.

In fact, I had purchased so many books that my dad told me this: "Instead of buying books, why don't you just go to Barnes & Noble, hang out at the café, borrow a book and read it there?" To which I answered, "Well, you're never going to see me ever again. And your van."

The thought of starting a book blog has come up in my mind countless times before, as well as starting a BookTube channel on YouTube. But since I'm not actually comfortable with talking to a camera, I discard the BookTube channel right off. And that obviously leaves me with the blog. I have considered it carefullyweighed my pros and cons and suchbut it is the writing that I'm mostly worried about. I'm doubtful that if I write a book review, it will not end up being an actual book review. To somehow pump up my confidence, I resolve that it will be wise to look up online a few tips on how to write book reviews. I have also taken some time to read a couple of book reviews written by some of the well-known BookTubers on their own personal blogs. Then, when I feel like I've grasped the main idea of writing a book review, I finally decide that I'll set out my own book blog.

I told my parents about starting up a blog, and they are more than supportive of my decision. Since I read tons of books, my mom and my dad conceived that it will be something wise for me to do. Also, they mentioned that it'll keep me engaged during the summer breakat least until I have to tamp down my stuff to leave for college.

And so with that, The Round-the-Clock Peruser is born. Hopefully, I'll manage to live up to my blog name. Because if not, that'll be embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment