Saturday, June 27, 2015

From Books to Films: 'The Scorch Trials' Trailer Review


Since I've been marathoning James Dashner's The Maze Runner series, I figure that it would be wise to at least say something regarding The Scorch Trials being adapted into a movie. I've seen the first film, thought it was amazing, read the book a year later, and then realized that the screenwriters haven't been very loyal to the original plot. And now that The Scorch Trials movie adaptation is scheduled to hit theaters in September 18 of this year, I am expecting that this time around, the movie will somehow, someway, end up just as how the book is. However, from what I have read from the comments in YouTube, there are some parts in the trailer that hinted that the writers did not, apparently, stayed loyal to the plot.

Nevertheless, this series being one of my new favorites (kudos to The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure for altering my opinion about the books), I am more than excited to watch this film, especially to see the new characters being added into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment